2012年2月4日土曜日

Look What Found In My Pantry

look what found in my pantry

The Mother Experiment: need.... to.... focus......

I'm putting this out there because I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this.

I proctastinate. I'm not lazy I just don't always do what I know is the urgent thing to do. Throughout highschool and university my room would be very messy without bothering me until suddenly it was time to study and I'd just have to clean it. I'd say it's because I wanted a neat and tidy study environment, which was true.  I did study better once I had cleaned my room but sometimes when time was limited and I should have pushed through and studied anyway I really struggled to do so. I used to call it "justifiable procrastination".

We all do it to a certain extent but I am terrible at it. Allow me to set the scene for you.


ClosetMaid Pantry Cabinet, White
Learn more

I have a friend coming over in a matter of minutes and I have a rare window of opportunity to clean while William sleeps and Alexis watches Wiggles. The kitchen bench is trashed with paperwork and empty water bottles and a few half unpacked bags from various outings. The kitchen table is covered in wheetbix. The floor needs vacuuming. I haven't checked the visitors toilet but it most likely needs cleaning. There is much to do. What am I going to cook for dinner? Focus. I go to put the cereal back in the pantry. 

Suddenly I am overcome by an irrepressible urge to examine the contents of my pantry and remove out of date items and see what needs cooking soon. My pantry is huge and well stocked. I'm trying to limit waste. It's a job I do need to do. It doesn't really need to be done NOW though does it?


Sterilite 01428501 4-Shelf Utility Cabinet with Putty Handles, Platinum
Learn more

Sure the bins go out tomorrow morning and it'd be best to do it before then. I still have this afternoon though. I eventually realise this and tear myself away. I'm unsatisfied and it is difficult to not continue. I write it on the mental to-do-list and think to myself how I should put a to-do-list on paper.

I step into the bedroom for a minute to clean my teeth and notice all the laundry that needs to be put away. I also need to take the dirty clothes to the wash. I need to get yesterday's playgroup morning tea leftovers out of the car too. Hmmm. Gross. At least there is nothing perishable in there this time.

Focus. I need to focus. I need somewhere clean for my friend to sit and something clean for her to lay her baby on to play. That is most important for now.


Actually no now I need to go to the bathroom. And I should change my shirt because it has baby spew on it. Alexis' dvd is skipping. Focus. This would make a good blog post.

Is there any wonder I never get anything done?

Please tell me there's a cure for this? I suspect it has something to do with sleep. Hmm is there a magic pill or something?



These are our most popular posts: look what found in my pantry

need.... to.... focus...... - The Mother Experiment

I go to put the cereal back in the pantry. Suddenly I am overcome by an irrepressible urge to examine the contents of my pantry and remove out of date items and see what needs cooking soon. My pantry is huge and well stocked. Im trying to ... read more

Smart Magazine

Another thing that got me wanting to organize my pantry was from watching the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy." Ha, you know the movie with Julia Roberts and shes married to a pyscho, ... For me that was a beautiful scene, because look how nicely organized her pantry is. Screen shot from the movie Sleeping With the Enemy. On to my pantry in ... Re-use plastic containers to store dry food. Left over dry foods were moved into plastic containers for better storage. read more

pantry pasta with black beans, kale and spicy chicken sausage ...

:D. Reply. 2 Tabitha (From Single to Married) January 31, 2012 at 3:58 am. You reminded me how I need to clean out my pantry. Im guessing what I find in there wont look nearly as good as what you whipped up though! :) ... read more

Look In My Pantry

I am working my way through my pantry. Some items I always have on hand. I am fussy with these and have spend time finding products with no additives that I always use. I never substitute these items. My Pantry Shelves ... Kyrstie January 19, 2012 at 7:35 am. Nice to hear Trish. I found it really difficult to arrive at the brands I use. It took me ages to read through all the brand labels.. Bee January 18, 2012 at 4:53 pm. Youre pantry looks great! I cleaned mine out the ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿